Monday, February 14, 2011

Newspaper

My newspaper expierence has been a long time deal. I have read them, wrote for them, and been in them. i know everytime i go home i read my hometowns newspaper because thats the only way people can keep up with current events in my home town, it also helps me keep up with whats going on. i wrote for my HS newspaper for 3 years and i loved it! i loved to write about current events and trends and give my own spin on things i saw and how i felt about them and its always cool to tell people how you feel about stuff and see how your opinion could possiblly change someone else point of view by reading what you wrote in the newspaper. Also, im not gonna lie, being in the newspaper is kinda neat. i mean as a child i remember seeing myself in the newspaper and the pictures and thinking you were like a mini-celeb for the week.
Newspapers I've been invovled or read:
-American News (Aberdeen SD)
-Madison Daily Leader (Madison SD)
-Trojanite (Eureka SD)
-Trojan Times (Madison SD)
-Argus Leader (Sioux Falls SD)
-Praire Pioneer,Northwest Blade (Eureka SD)
Looking at this list i didnt realize how many papers ive read or been involved with, its quite a few. But, with technology now, i assume someday people wont know what a newspaper is or it will be an artifact preserved in a museum for people to look back at and see how people used to get information before the internet. Im glad i got to be one of the people who got to read newspapers and use them as a source for information, a newspaper is a way of feeling the news. ya know? not like feeling it but you have actual text in your hand, not just on a screen in front of you. Thats my take on the newspaper :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Ashley. Once you get the newspaper habit, it's hard to shake (some used to think it was in the ink, but they changed that to a more eco-friendly variety). I hope you'll keep up your ties to the news.

    ReplyDelete